|The Signs of His Return|
I know that may have seemed like a long way to begin this entry, but if you read the above carefully, there was no way it could have been broken down, taken apart or pieced out because it is packed with prophecy that needs to be addressed in it's entirety. There are so many things happening in this world as we speak that it's impossible to keep up with all of it and I believe God knew it would be too difficult for any one person to do so. He gave us His breathed words to help us understand, to look for and to look up when we began to see the signs drawing nearer. There are prophecies all through the Bible that have already been fulfilled. But, the ones we are seeing unfolding before us, are just beginnings of what's yet to come. We are experiencing the events mentioned about by Jesus right now! Jesus told us to watch for specific signs leading up to his return. These signs are "birth pangs" (Matthew 24:6-7, Mark 13:7-8, and Luke 21:9-11). When these signs "begin" to happen, we know our redemption is near. While this redemption is ultimately speaking of Israel at the 2nd Coming of Jesus, the "birth pangs" have already begun. In other words, as the "birth pangs" increase in frequency and intensity, we know that the Church's redemption in the rapture is that much sooner.
|Russia's Meteorite-Image Source: Svetlana Korzhova|
Let's take a look at some of the signs of Our Lord and Savior's Return with Scriptural evidence and you be the judge:
1) False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith by adding a mustard seed of lies which leavens the entire message (2 Peter 2:1-3)
2) Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)
3) Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)
4) Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus or when the our Risen Christ is lost behind the Easter Bunny at Easter!
5) The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)
6) The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)
7) Jesus said Christians would be hated “for His name’s sake” (Matthew 24:9)
8) Youth would become rebellious. "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy" (2 Timothy 3:2)
9) Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, “for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). However, they fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God isn't subject to the time that He created. He can flip through time the same way we flick through pages in a book. The only reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.
10) The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)
11) There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)
12) The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a massive amount of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it's completely ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.The TRUTH!
2 Tim. 3:1. Jesus Himself clarified this in stating that 'birth pangs' will 'deliver' the final generation 'into Tribulation'. Math.24:8-9. Although the 7 Year Tribulation itself will be the most stressful period in history, it will grow progressively worse from the very beginning to its defined destructive 'end' in the last 3 1/2 years. Dan.12: 6-7.
Then onto a Home of Harmony!
Just before His death, Jesus comforted His disciples with these words of promise: “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:1–3). The apostle Paul elaborated on Christ’s promise with this beautiful description: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17). He goes on to say, “Wherefore comfort one another with these words” (v. 18). Don’t these words bring real comfort to your heart—a thrill to your soul to think that Jesus is, at this very moment, preparing a beautiful home for you in a place where peace, love, harmony, and unity really exist? History shows that mankind cannot manufacture this kind of place. All of its best efforts have always ended in defeat and disappointment. It’s a proven point that all the greatest political, military, economic, and spiritual leaders have not yet and never will be successful in forging utopia.
With Jesus as your Savior, you will see the dawning of a new day, an entirely new order of things! “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26). Knowing what lies ahead, that our future is secure in God’s hands, we can have a powerful sense of joy and peace right here and now. Even though we won’t see peace among the nations on this earth, we can still have peace in our hearts amidst the chaos that seems to be going on all around us everyday. Those who make contact with God in a personal way today, repenting of their sins, believing on Him and asking Jesus Christ into their hearts as their personal Savior, Heaven will begin right now. God becomes the Friend who never forsakes us; the Counselor with all the answers to every one of our questions, and the Partner in all our endeavors. He cleanses us from all sin, and when we ask, He also imparts the power we need to transform our sin-filled lives. That’s the kind of heaven we can live in right now while anxiously awaiting His return!